Are you interested in working at Murphy Homes? Working at Murphy Homes means helping the Murphy Homes family build other families' dream homes. Murphy Homes offers cutting-edge design and an unparalleled depth of knowledge regarding home building. We've been in business since 1976 and are a second-generation, locally-owned family business. We believe in the potential of our employees and provide room for growth. Murphy Homes does this by providing our employees with the training and tools they need to succeed while continuing to foster an environment that is a warm and family-like atmosphere. We believe that building strong employees is essential to building quality new homes. Our family becomes your family, and we build homes that stand the test of time.
New Home Consultant University
We will teach you how to become an amazing new home sales person or, as we call it, New Home Consultant. Join the best Home Building Team in North Alabama and have fun learning how to sell homes, thrill customers, and earn a great living!
Do you have what it takes? Click below to apply now!
New Home Consultant
Are you an amazing sales person who is looking to join the best home building team in North Alabama? We pride ourselves on building beautiful homes, thrilling customers, and creating an amazing place to work. We have communities available now so apply at the link below and how us what you have!
We are looking for a construction manager dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail, and the desire to create awesome homes for local families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are an excellent fit for this role. Required skills include Microsoft Office Suite, a valid driver's license, strong people skills, and organizational ability.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of trade contractors, from interior paint to the completion of customer closing orientation walk-through punch list items.
- Performs miscellaneous "punch out" items in preparing each home for the customer closing.
- Responsible for the timely completion of pre-closing walk-through items.
- Assists the construction manager as needed with Purchase Order (PO) approvals upon successful completion of each phase of construction. Prepares for the construction manager's approval, Variance POs to ensure that non-budgeted but needed items and labor are available to complete the house on time and with acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintaining all job schedules for assigned construction phases to the current status with proper activity sequencing.
- Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
Prerequisites for Success:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulate and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors, and subs.
- Ability to learn to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organizational aptitude for managing the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Willingness to work hard and long hours. Must possess physical capabilities to lift construction materials, handle small hand and power tools, and drywall & painting repair/touch-ups during punch-out phase work.
Trade Partners and Suppliers
Do you own or work for a contractor or building material supplier? If so, we would love to work with you!