Interested in working at Murphy Homes? Working at Murphy Homes means helping the Murphy Homes family build other families dream homes. Murphy Homes offers cutting edge design and an unparalleled depth of knowledge when it comes to home building. We’ve been in business since 1976 and are a second generation, locally owned, family business. We believe in the potential of our employees and provide room for growth. Murphy Homes does this by providing our employees with the training and tools they need to succeed while continuing to foster an environment that is a warm and family-like atmosphere. We believe that building strong employees is essential to building quality new homes. Our family becomes your family and together, we build homes that stand the test of time.
Assistant Construction Manager
We are looking for an assistant construction manager dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail and the desire to create awesome homes for local families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are a great fit for this role. Required skills include: Microsoft office Suite, a valid drivers license, strong people skills and organizational ability.
- Manages the day to day activities of trade contractors from interior paint to the completion of customer closing orientation walk through punch list items.
- Train and supervises the day to day trade contractor labor on assigned jobs. Labor is 100% done via subcontract.
- Performs miscellaneous “punch out” items in preparing each home for the customer closing.
- Responsible for timely completion of pre-closing walk through items.
- Assists the construction manager as needed with Purchase Order (PO) approvals upon successful completion of each phase of construction. Prepares for the construction manager’s approval, Variance POs to ensure that non-budgeted, but needed, items and labor are available to complete the house on time and with acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintains all job schedules for assigned phases of construction to the current status with proper activity sequencing..
- Responsible for installing and maintaining marketing signs, directional signs and job or lot number signs on each job during construction.
- Responsible for ensuring safe work practices are evident on all jobs. Must maintain trade contractor compliance with all OSHA job site requirements.
- Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
Prerequisites for Success:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors and subs.
- Ability to learn in order to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Willingness to work hard and long hours. Must possess physical capabilities to lift construction materials, handle small hand and power tools and drywall & painting repair/touch-ups during punch out phase work.
To start the process to become a part of our amazing team: Email your resume to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line your name and the position you are applying for.
The most established homebuilder in Madison is growing and we want you on our team! Our growing company is searching for a dedicated Sales Assistant who can offer reliable support to the sales team and help improve efficiency as sales volume increases.
Are you energetic, extroverted, and love working with people as well as possess excellent verbal skills, a great attitude, and the ability to multi-task? If you possess these characteristics, then you may be just the team member we are looking for!
No previous experience in new home sales is needed. Do not reach out unless you are an overachiever with a strong customer focus. We are looking for hyper talented individuals looking for a way to enter the career of new home sales. We only hire top producers and your income reflects your talent and work ethic. You will be a key contributor to our sales team's success!
Job Type: Full-time
- Assist in creating sales material for sales preparation and success
- Client Corespondence
- Coordinate scheduling with clients and sales team members
- Customer-service oriented
- Organizational Aptitude
- Creative Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We are currently seeking a Closing Coordinator to coordinate timely closings. The right candidate will be responsible for administering all aspects of closing duties by performing the duties listed below.
Contributes to the organizations profitability through the prompt completion of assigned tasks, including filing, data entry, scheduling of closings and preparing closing paperwork, taking documents to the attorney's office for closings.
Assists the Office Manager
Ensures that the closing process is as pleasant and effective as possible for the customer as well as the Attorneys.
Ensures that customer files are complete, all documents are properly executed and organized
Daily communication with lenders, sales team and home buyers.
Prepare and maintain closing packages
Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills.
Ability to successfully balance and follow-up on multiple tasks.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Strong leadership and customer service skills.
Exceptional computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Under the general direction of Office Manager assists with the accounts payable process for Murphy Homes. This includes processing invoices, purchase orders, and distribution and printing of checks.
1. Understands the principles of customer service and recognizes that “good” service often requires a “shocking level of response”.
2. Communicate and project the Murphy Homes “We care” attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
3. Processes invoices and approved purchase orders for payment in a timely fashion each check processing date.
4. Prepares cash balance report weekly.
5. Serves as the main Murphy Homes liaison to all trade contractor and supplier accounting departments.
6. Attends regular office or accounting staff meetings.
7. Enters data into computer system each day. Maintains vendor information and vendor insurance database.
8. Sets up new vendors in the accounting data base.
9. Makes and record deposits within 24 hours or one business day of receipt.
10. Follows internal accounting controls to ensure professional and secure handling of Murphy Homes finances.
11. Assists BOSS and management with computer closing process for jobs closed during the month as part of the end of month procedures.
12. Gather and distribute VPO approval forms on a weekly basis.
13. Prepares check run for approve, prints and distributes checks to all payees on each bi-weekly pay period.
14. Maintains AP files by year, alphabetically by vendor and then chronologically within each vendor’s file.
15. Processes special check runs or hand checks as required and approved by management personnel.
16. Annually assists BOSS and Office Manager with the production of the vendor 1099 forms prior to January 31 each year.
17. Special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
1. People skills to articulately and professionally handle communication with customers, employees and vendors.
2. Accounting and banking knowledge to maintain accurate records, and accounting schedules.
3. Organizational aptitude to keep detailed records and a clean filing system and work area.
4. Computer aptitude and willingness to learn to process needed data and to communicate via reports, spreadsheets and letters. Excel, Word and QuickBooks (or similar) software experience a prerequisite.
5. Willingness to learn new and varied tasks.
6. Must have understanding and willingness to process draw requests in a timely fashion and to insist upon accurate reporting to/from banks.
7. A willingness to handle accounts receivable collection when necessary.
8. Ability to hold confidential information that is proprietary to the management of Murphy Homes
1. Checks and deposits entered by assigned process and dates
2. Assigned Reports are complete by assigned date.
3. Filing is caught up each week. Work areas are clean and neat at the end of each work day.
4. Assigned special projects are completed per assigned schedule and with high degree of accuracy.