Interested in working at Murphy Homes? Working at Murphy Homes means helping the Murphy Homes family build other families dream homes. Murphy Homes offers cutting edge design and an unparalleled depth of knowledge when it comes to home building. We’ve been in business since 1976 and are a second generation, locally owned, family business. We believe in the potential of our employees and provide room for growth. Murphy Homes does this by providing our employees with the training and tools they need to succeed while continuing to foster an environment that is a warm and family-like atmosphere. We believe that building strong employees is essential to building quality new homes. Our family becomes your family and together, we build homes that stand the test of time.
We are looking for a construction manager dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail and the desire to create awesome homes for local families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are a great fit for this role. Required skills include: Microsoft office Suite, a valid drivers license, strong people skills and organizational ability.
- Manages the day to day activities of trade contractors from interior paint to the completion of customer closing orientation walk through punch list items.
- Performs miscellaneous “punch out” items in preparing each home for the customer closing.
- Responsible for timely completion of pre-closing walk through items.
- Assists the construction manager as needed with Purchase Order (PO) approvals upon successful completion of each phase of construction. Prepares for the construction manager’s approval, Variance POs to ensure that non-budgeted, but needed, items and labor are available to complete the house on time and with acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintains all job schedules for assigned phases of construction to the current status with proper activity sequencing..
- Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
Prerequisites for Success:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors and subs.
- Ability to learn in order to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Willingness to work hard and long hours. Must possess physical capabilities to lift construction materials, handle small hand and power tools and drywall & painting repair/touch-ups during punch out phase work.
Trade Partners and Suppliers
Do you own or work for a contractor or building material supplier? If so, we would love to work with you!