Are you interested in working at Murphy Homes? Working at Murphy Homes means helping the Murphy Homes family build other families' dream homes. Murphy Homes offers cutting-edge design and an unparalleled depth of knowledge regarding home building. We've been in business since 1976 and are a second-generation, locally-owned family business. We believe in the potential of our employees and provide room for growth. Murphy Homes does this by providing our employees with the training and tools they need to succeed while continuing to foster an environment that is a warm and family-like atmosphere. We believe that building strong employees is essential to building quality new homes. Our family becomes your family, and we build homes that stand the test of time.
Are you looking to join a dedicated team of builders in the North Alabama area? We are currently hiring for a new Production Manager! See below for what this job demands:
- Maintain Schedule Accuracy and proactively schedule selected trades
- Produce Start packages
- Maintain Purchasing database
- Update Baseplan estimates and options
- Look for and implement systems improvements (schedule, estimates, purchasing database, trade partner base)
- Computer Skills - Independently able to learn and implement new software
- Construction Knowledge (schedules, estimating, construction techniques)
- Communication Skills - Able to speak with a variety of people and clearly communicate in person, by phone, and in writing
Do you have what it takes? Shoot us an email at email@example.com!
New Home Consultant
Are you an amazing salesperson who is looking to join the best home-building team in North Alabama? We pride ourselves on building beautiful homes, thrilling customers, and creating an amazing place to work. We have communities available now, so apply at the link below and show us what you have!
We are looking for a construction manager dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail, and the desire to create awesome homes for local families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are an excellent fit for this role. Required skills include Microsoft Office Suite, a valid driver's license, strong people skills, and organizational ability.
We love to train! If you have the right attitude but no experience, we can teach you how to be an amazing New Home Superintendent!
- Manages the day-to-day activities of trade contractors, from interior paint to the completion of customer closing orientation walk-through punch list items.
- Performs miscellaneous "punch out" items in preparing each home for the customer closing.
- Responsible for the timely completion of pre-closing walk-through items.
- Assists the construction manager as needed with Purchase Order (PO) approvals upon successful completion of each phase of construction. Prepares for the construction manager's approval, Variance POs to ensure that non-budgeted but needed items and labor are available to complete the house on time and with acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintaining all job schedules for assigned construction phases to the current status with proper activity sequencing.
- Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
Prerequisites for Success:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulate and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors, and subs.
- Ability to learn to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organizational aptitude for managing the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Willingness to work hard and long hours. Must possess physical capabilities to lift construction materials, handle small hand and power tools, and drywall & painting repair/touch-ups during punch-out phase work.
Chief Financial Officer
We are growing and need a new person on our executive team. If you like to work in a challenging, fun-loving environment, this is the place for you. We work hard, do things right, are passionate about it, and enjoy ourselves.
You will be joining an amazing executive team with world-class knowledge of the home-building industry. The only gap we have is someone with the knowledge, talent, and attitude to take our financial management to the next level.
If this is you, please fill out the application or give us a call. We would love to tell you more!
Check out this short video with more details (LINK)
Trade Partners and Suppliers
Do you own or work for a contractor or building material supplier? If so, we would love to work with you!