Are you interested in working at Murphy Homes? Working at Murphy Homes means helping the Murphy Homes family build other families' dream homes. Murphy Homes offers cutting-edge design and an unparalleled depth of knowledge regarding home building. We've been in business since 1976 and are a second-generation, locally-owned family business. We believe in the potential of our employees and provide room for growth. Murphy Homes does this by providing our employees with the training and tools they need to succeed while continuing to foster an environment that is a warm and family-like atmosphere. We believe that building strong employees is essential to building quality new homes. Our family becomes your family, and we build homes that stand the test of time.
- Assemble and review invoices to be completed for payment.
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items or price discrepancies.
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices, or correspondence necessary for files.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors.
- Manage accounts payable using accounting and building software.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Ensure vendors are paid promptly and accurately while adhering to departmental procedures.
- Compare purchase orders, variance purchase orders, warranty work orders, prices, terms of payment, and other charges for accuracy.
- Process transactions and perform accounting duties such as account maintenance and recording entries.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Written & oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of Accounts Payable related experience preferred.
- Basic proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable processing fundamentals.
- IRA matching
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Long & short-term disability insurance
- Supplemental health insurance
- Two weeks of PTO in addition to 7 paid holidays off
Are you interested in New Home sales? Want the potential to earn 6 figures+/year? Our team takes pride in building personalized dream homes for the families of our community across Northern Alabama. The role of the sales assistant is to support the team by working with customers, processing sales agreements, and closing new home sales with the final goal of creating a satisfied customer. Super driven, High Achievers only need apply!
New Home Consultant
We are looking for a New Home Consultant dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail, and a desire to sell awesome homes to families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are an excellent fit for this role.
We are looking for a construction manager dedicated to quality, accuracy, attention to detail, and the desire to create awesome homes for local families. If you love to solve problems and help people, you are an excellent fit for this role. Required skills include Microsoft Office Suite, a valid driver's license, strong people skills, and organizational ability.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of trade contractors, from interior paint to the completion of customer closing orientation walk-through punch list items.
- Performs miscellaneous "punch out" items in preparing each home for the customer closing.
- Responsible for the timely completion of pre-closing walk-through items.
- Assists the construction manager as needed with Purchase Order (PO) approvals upon successful completion of each phase of construction. Prepares for the construction manager's approval, Variance POs to ensure that non-budgeted but needed items and labor are available to complete the house on time and with acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintaining all job schedules for assigned construction phases to the current status with proper activity sequencing.
- Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
Prerequisites for Success:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to articulate and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors, and subs.
- Ability to learn to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organizational aptitude for managing the scheduling of all construction resources.
- Willingness to work hard and long hours. Must possess physical capabilities to lift construction materials, handle small hand and power tools, and drywall & painting repair/touch-ups during punch-out phase work.
Trade Partners and Suppliers
Do you own or work for a contractor or building material supplier? If so, we would love to work with you!